ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHRISTIAN SINGLES MIXER

This blog gave the details leading up to the January 2007 "Rocky Mountain Christian Singles Mixer" in Colorado Springs. We may do another one, so stay tuned. In the meantime, we occasionally post information, rants, questions and answers, experiences and other musings, so keep reading!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

We're famous!

If you're a Colorado Springs resident, you may have heard our radio ad on KBIQ (102.7), KVUU (99.9) and KKML (AM 1300). Yeah, we're famous. Whatever...it's not like we're gonna get big heads over it. (Ooo, that reminds me...Mom, did you tape the ad like I told you?) In the meantime, we're having a lot of fun here in the posh RMCSM offices. Ok, we don't have offices. But that would be totally cool if we did.

On to the important news:

Ladies, you have come through. We currently have a WAITING LIST of women for the mixer. How insane is that? What's more, we can objectively say that the women who have applied are amazing. Why are you still single?!? Please tell us on the night of the event. We need to know.

Guys, you have some catching up to do. Finish up that knitted scarf this weekend so you're free on the 27th. If you haven't applied, do so. If you have, tell your friends! We reeeeeeeally want the numbers to be even at this event. Because God is a God of order. And it's only fair to the ladies.

For those of you who HAVE applied, tell us your greatest expectation for the mixer. Did you ever think you'd do something like this? What are you introverts thinking? We'd like to hear from more people besides just us. So drop us a comment!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great that there's a Christian singles mixer because it shows that people are doing something about the 'situations' that currently exist in our lives. :) To be honest, though, the most important thing to me is that a woman be thoroughly Reformed in her theology and lifestyle. Other things, like personality and chemistry, while still important, are a distant second.

I think the mixer is a great thing and I hope many people meet their matches there, so to speak. But I personally would find it too hard to evaluate large numbers of peoples' theologies, personalities, life goals, etc. all at once in an event like that. An event that was self-consciously Reformed would make it easier.

I also have other reasons (unrelated to RMCSM) for not attending which I won't disclose at this point. But please continue to work hard to bless the body of Christ. :)

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I defintitely never thought I would attend an event like this! I still haven't (and probably won't ever) signed up for any online services. There is something ideal about the fate of surprising circumstances. I am very excited, much to my surprise. Regardless of "meeting a match" (which would be AWESOME) I never have enough friends and am happy to make more.

I have lots of amazing, cute, Christian mid-twenties single girlfriends, and couldn't begin to tell you why we are still single. We are all very interested in relationships yet content with our lives and refuse to pursue the guys in our backwards culture...? We have hypothesized that our contentedness is intimidating, but at the end of the day, can't figure it out and stopped trying to.

This is a great thing and I look forward to the event!

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darren, I'm hoping and waiting to get "in" IF some guys join RMCSM and I'm a Reformed Calvininst! Please come! God does " great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number" (Job 5:9)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home